Wednesday 11 June 2008

Weekend roundup.............

Thanks to everyone for there recent comments.............I usually reply to all but just for the weekend I won't.........to many to catch up on and my brain won't cope..............thanks I really appreciate them all ............and I am so pleased you have been enjoying the quilt show............

Wow what a weekend.........we have survived and had a great time with fantastic weather and great friends...........sorry I didn't get a post up yesterday but I spent the day walking from the clothes line to the washing machine...........think I did 12 loads...........lucky the sun was shining and the breeze blowing..........

........boy did we go thru some food..............heaps of yummy stuff...........I cooked scones, choc chip biscuits, peanut butter fudge (totally evil but sooooooooo yummy), anzac biscuit slice, rocky road.........just to name a few things............none last very long at all..............

a bloggy friend made these for me and they didn't even make it home from town..........thanks they were very helpful.............and so yummy.........hope you share the recipes.........

as I had 4 extra families for 4 nights (Fiona one less) everyone got to do a meal night................lots of good food here........when I cooked this is what we got bbq sausages on bread at the dam and then some campovens for another lunch.........(sorry no pics)............

The kids had a ball............push bikes, motor bikes, yabbying, fires, sparklers, bone collecting, toasted marshmellows and lots more fun...........they didn't stop for 5 minutes..........

at the dam..........

playing with the camera settings at the fire night with the sparklers.............found a very useful setting which takes great pics.........


Well as I am still catching up on sleep I will leave it at that.................and I got a great new book from Tutti Fruiti............will share that tomorrow.............

.........take care til next time.....Chookyblue.........

13 comments:

Stina Blomgren said...

You seem to have had a wonderful time with your extra families...and a lot of work...but sure a lot of fun too!!
Put up your feet and just enjoy...
And take care...

Candace said...

That is the kind of time that makes memories everyone will have for life. The food all sounds and looks wonderful. Thank goodness for washers and dryers.

Helz said...

12 Loads!!! Blazes Chookyblue... Yabbying @ the dam takes me back & how... Pieces of string tied around meat, hunched down & waiting... & waiting on the dam bank - *Us Kids were always trying to talk Mum into taking us out to the Double Dams - we must have driven her mad!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to leave you with all that washing. There is chocolate in the fridge to make up for it.
Love the photos of the "missing" slice. Good sign that it tasted so nice.

Jenny said...

Are you still eating the left overs!!! It sounds and looks as though everyone had a wonderful time-you are definitely the hostess with the mostest! Hope all that washing is finally done and that you've had time to put your feet up

Jodie said...

Chooky, I can't believe you didn't post those photos of yourself doing the trick riding... I saw them over at Fiona's and I must say the blue jumpsuit is gorgeous.

P.s I would love to know your tricky camera setting.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sounds like you had the best weekend......

Leisa said...

Glad you had a great weekend.

The Naturalist's Daughter said...

Wow, what a weekend! And what an amazing amount of washing. Hope you get to have nice quiet peaceful rest soon.

Ginger Patches said...

You are making me hungry...again!!!! Looks you had a lovely time :)

Chocolate Cat said...

Wow, looks like a fantastic weekend, lots of fun! That slice looked yummy....

Levin said...

sounds like you had fun. i wanna come to your place and have fun too!
l
x

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! :)