Thursday 31 July 2008

Fencing...........

DH dragged me out fencing this morning........I had planned bookwork but he had other ideas..........so to keep him motivated I went along to help..........it is a beautiful sunny day here just a little cool.........here are some supplies/tools........my gloves are essential.......

a couple of hours later we had some more flood destroyed fence replaced..........dh's punishment for taking me out with him is me taking the camera and he is getting better at "amusing himself" while I flip off and take pics.........

we were fencing down at the creek and there are some "AMAZING" big old gums down there...........I layed on the ground for this one..........things look so different..........try it........

there was this big hole in this broken limb..........I wanted to know what was in there so though I would take some pics and finally got brave enought to hold my arm in quite far and get these pics.........thank goodness nothing flew out.........or crawled out..........lol.......

There are lots of birds down the creek and I caught this Cookatoo and a pair of Gulars...........so many different bird sounds while there.......

the bark..........

more playing...........

Hope you like these pics...........it has been awhile since I have had a post like this............I missed it..........

Take care til next time..............Chookyblue.........

25 comments:

Lorraine said...

Great pics!! ..and I like the new banner...not that the other one was horrible or anything....nothing like a change....!

Joyce said...

If you have to do fencing, it might as well be in paradise. Great photos.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

They are great pics...like the new header as well

Helen said...

Great pics! The australian country is so inspirational and the light is terrific. Very brave for putting your arm in the hole!! I wouldn't want to come across any spiders :)Love the cookatoo and gulars. Keep up posting those beautiful pictures.

Anonymous said...

WOW! More great photos for your cards. I love the bark and you're so brave putting you arm up the log.... Wouldn't it be funny if on the photo something was in there???? Must try some of you photography tips (laying down under a tree) Love It xx

jodie said...

like the photos, don't think I would like fencing too much though!
Jodie

Nicky said...

Amazing photos! I wish I was as talented with a camera. You really captured the feel of the lanscape and it was like i was there.
How great is it when you just stop and listen sometimes? I was on yard duty today and stopped and listened for awhile with the kids and we heard lots of birds and admired the gums and the way the trees looked against the sky.
Thanks for remining me to be still sometimes....
Nicky

Leanne said...

great snaps...nothing better than a day out and about with the camera????does it have a name mine is called Clarice we have a great time together.

Aussie Nanna said...

If you have to go fencing.....you may as well go off and take photos! Good on ya!
great photos though - as usual. You are much braver than me - I could not stick my arm up that hollow log! Could have yukky spiders or crawlies ooohhh! I don't know how you dream these things up! You are still a little kid at heart!
Love the new header. Wouldn't mind knowing how to do that in one of your tutorials???
Love you...bye
Vanessa

Sarah said...

Great pictures! I wish it was as nice and warm here in Tassie. You captured the scene so well.

I like your doll for your niece - cute.

sewkalico said...

Awesome photos. Glad your DH is getting 'used to' your blography!!

Anonymous said...

Love the bush pictures.
Also the one lying down.
Do enjoy being on the ground and kneeling while you can.
I have decided I miss kneeling more than anything else.
And if you cannot kneel, you cannot get up when you get down.
Such a darn simple logic about these things.

Helz said...

Who said Fencing wasn't Creative ?!?! Enjoy these sorta posts LOTS Chookyblue...

Carin said...

Great pictures! You have the most unusal birds down under.

Stina Blomgren said...

I missed your pictures too...so this was great...love them!!!

Candace said...

I did enjoy your pictures, and you were brave. Glad there was nothing nesting in there.

Jodie said...

We have missed your awesome photography as well Donna. The new banner is beautiful !

Chocolate Cat said...

Would like to have seen you with your arm up the log!!! Great photos!

Michelle said...

hi here,
found your blog through sharon.i've made a doll to enter in the small sections and love your bag.can't wait to see everyones work.you can check out the doll on my blog if you like.

Unknown said...

Love all the pics Donna, also love the last 2 do you have a photo program to be able to do that...I love your new banner looks Great.
cheers
maree

Alison said...

I see my lovely little pincushion at the top!!! I love it. My children adored the chocolate by the way!!

Thanks again!

The Naturalist's Daughter said...

Wow you get a lot done. No way would I have put my arm in that branch, you are brave! Great photos. I love what you did with them in the last two shots, looks fantastic.

Ginger Patches said...

Beautiful pictures, I'm glad you're at it again :)

Holly said...

You're also lucky nothing slithered out. Eeek, you are brave. Great pictures.

Unknown said...

Did you help with the fencing? It seems to me you only took pictures, but I am so glad you did, I just love them.