Friday 31 July 2009

Don't drop dead with shock........

This is a project from Girls Day in the Country GDITC 2008...........yep you read that correct.........this may be a shock Rosie I know but I have finally finished my needle turn project.............once I got my head around it so to speak I had the needle turn done in no time................and really enjoyed it - total flip from on the day might I say............not sure why I avoided it for so long............

the pattern is Rosalie Quinlan Designs - Summer Garden cushion and it is in Rosie's book "Gift"

This is my first effort at needle turn and I am so happy with the end result..........it has gone off to a special friend..........it is the perfect colours for her...........

and I have a couple more birthday calls............Teodo is 60 today (31st July) and Levin is 40 tomorrow (Sat) and wants everyone to join her for soup lots of "0" birthdays hope you have great days girls..........

Also Kris and May Britt this is a wisp finish for the month............yippee..........it is quite late but this one will scrap in...........

Take Care til next time..............Chookyblue

PS I can't believe August will be here in less then 2 hours..............there is so much on..........every weekend is booked up(and there are 5)..........bring it on..........it is going to be so much FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone going to Stitches????

27 comments:

Judith Tetley said...

What a great effort Chooky...well done! You have made Rosalie proud.
HUgs..Judith

paulette said...

Wow! I can't believe it is your first needle turn project!
Well done.....lucky friend you've got there!!!
Paulette

Rumi said...

No one will guess that this is your very first needleturn project. It is lovely!

OzRose said...

Thats a lovley cushion you made :)) Well done!!! LOL

Ruth said...

Beautiful job love the colors.

LeKaQuilt said...

Wow your cushion are so great ! And your stitch looks fine !!!

May Kristin said...

Congrats on the finish, and you did great on the needle-turn appl.
Well done!

Lynn said...

Lovely needleturn work. Are you planning to do more? I need to work on my points and turns. Yours look great.

sandra said...

It's beautiful! I can't believe it was your first experience with needleturn! Well done!

ranette said...

Very pretty cushion cover and you did an amazing job!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, Chooky! Well done!! You've done such a great job on needleturn.... !

Chocolate Cat said...

This is gorgeous! Sure your friend will love it. I have older UFO's than that!!!! Oops just realised thats not something to be proud of or broadcast!!

Anonymous said...

great job and isn't needleturn so much fun?
Lovely gift to receive, I am sure your friend will love it.

cheers
Christine

Veronica said...

it`s a wonderfull job!
i love rosalie quinlan and her desings in your hands it´s a treasure!
kisses, vero

Joy said...

Mmmm pinks and greens, my favourites ;o) .... soooo pretty!
You'd never guess it's your first try at needleturn, great job!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Cardygirl said...

Looks great....ypu are a clever girl!

Jodie said...

me me me me - I am gping to stitches and cannot wait!!!

Unknown said...

Great to finish the cushion!

Miriam said...

What a lovely cushion!! Your needleturn is perfect! Isn't it a great feeling when you finish something that has been "hiding" for a while!!

Julia said...

Great job Donna..and it's your first
Now I see lots of needle turn happening!
Julia ♥

MarĂ­a Elena said...

Wonderful job!!! I love the colours, happy beginning.
Hugs.

Annie said...

I'm going to stitches, and now ir's August, I;M EXCITED, if I can ever get better

Unknown said...

Great Job.! Your Cushion looks Lovely...I'm sure your Friend will Treasure it...
won't be in NSW in time to go to Stiches...Bummer...
cheers

Carin said...

Great Job! totally beautful.

Anita said...

Fantastic!! Another finish!! Now can you finish mine ??? hehe
Can't wait to meet up with you at "Stitches"!!

Angels Come to Play said...

Yey, I am the lucky friend to receive Chooky's needle turn cushion. I received it on Friday and am totally in love with it. Thank you so much Chooky you are a dear friend.
Friendship always

Shelley

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Fantastic job chooky and boy have you made Shelley Happy....very thoughtful gift.