Saturday 2 July 2011

out and about in the city...........

While it is always great to go to the city it is great to come home..............on a full time basis I could not cope.............random order but some of the highlights and sites while in the city.............
sunrise over the city
the exhibition centre where we went for the quilt show...........last 3 halls down the end were the quilt show............
city lights..............
Darling Harbour by night............
the kids and Mr Chooky did the Sydney Harbour Bridge Pylon one day.............this is the view of the Sydney Harbour Bridge.............
looking back towards Circular Quay
Sydney Harbour and the Opera House from the Pylon..............picture perfect day..........
we went to Aquarium at Darling Harbour one day.............they had heaps of statues made from lego/duplo..............pretty big............
I love the aquarium...............
I could watch these jelly fish for hours..............
there are 3 sections with different types of sea creatures in each tank..............you get to walk thru under the water in a glass tunnel.............it was feeding time while we were there too............
the shark tank...............
The big thing that got us to Sydney to start with was tickets for Mary Poppins (timed with the Quilt Show)..............yes we are fans and Fairy Girl and I got to go with a girlfriend and her daughter.............we loved it..............Fairy Girl asked could she go again before we had walked out of the theatre............I wished............
If you can get tickets go.............we loved it.............Matt Lee is fabulous as Bert...........my favourite parts were when they sang SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS...........how they did those actions so fast OMG.............and the chimney sweeps dance scene.........
....its wonderful and magical just like Mary Poppins............
And this wraps up the trip to the big smoke..............we sure packed lots in.............
Catch you later..............
Chookyblue

27 comments:

Kate said...

Wow, you sure managed to fit a lot in. Sounds like it was a lovely time.

Liz said...

Glad you had a great trip, I saw Mary last year here in Melbourne and loved it too. Chimney pot scene was my favourite if I had to pick..
Lizzie
xxx

Fiona said...

Wonderful.... I have never been to Sydney - lots to do...
Hugz

Anonymous said...

So glad you all had a great time,you got to see and do lots which was good,yes its nice to get away but fantastic to go back home

Leanne said...

It looks like you and the troop had a great time, at little more hectic than the farm. I love musicals.

Anonymous said...

JPB:

Lots of great photos sis. You had a very jam packed couple of days. We're off for our big trip in the morning. Mary Poppins tomorrow night .... someone is VERY EXCITED!!!!!!!

Enjoy the holidays!

Anonymous said...

I love a weekend in Sydney! I think I could live in the inner city but the suburban drudge would kill me :o) Adore the aquarium and could sit for hours and hours watching the fishies :o) Have a lovely weekend, toni xxx

Cardygirl said...

Glad you had such a wonderful time...great pics!

Joolz said...

Oh lucky you! I hope that I get to see Mary Poppins in Sydney but by the time we factor in airfares, accom and tickets, its pretty exxy. Still, fingers crossed!

Joolz

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

So glad you enjoyed Mary Poppins. My kids are still singing the songs.( right now in fact) Didn't we have good weather? It was lovely to see everybody.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

What a wonderful trip you had, Donna! We've been to the National Aquarium in Baltimore and enjoyed it very much. And himself and I went to see Mary Poppins this past January and were captivated by it!

Michelle said...

I have beautiful pictures also of Sydney at nite, very beautiful. We where very impressed with the lego also, but I was dissappointed with the aquarium, I thought there would be bigger sharks?Where did you stay?
Happy stitching, Michelle.

Isabella said...

Sounds like you all had a well deserved ball dont think I could cope in the city for long now iether I like to get home to where the noise is cattle or some such forget all those cars it's it's like a mad house, mind you the shops are A O K :)

Daisy Jayne said...

sounds like everyone had a great time and found something to do for every member of the family.

Josie said...

Lovely.... thanks for the armchair tour of Sydney. Saved me a fortune in air fares! Great jelly fish... mesmerising aren't they.

Marg said...

I lived in Sydney when I was 20 - just a few years ago now. It was a fabulous city to live in as a young and care-free girl. Still love to visit, but would never want to live there again. I love Mary Poppins - one of my favourite characters from childhood. One of the first movies I ever saw - and it was a big deal to go to the movies then. Must dig out the DVD!! Memories.

Anita said...

Great pics - I do love our city but it is nice to get home.
Glad you had a good time!

Karen said...

I've loved seeing all your goodies from the exhibition and am drooling. I can feel that new Annie Downs Book needs to come my way.Thanks for sharing, I feel like I've been there.

Lorraine said...

always great to go to the city....but I am with you....always great to get home as well. Sounds like you all packed in heaps while you were away. Sydney's a fab city isn't it!

Chocolate Cat said...

I'm with Fairy Girl, I'd love to see Mary Poppins again!

DAWNIE said...

This would have to be the best city i the world - such gorgeous pics - also great that you could incorporate your family in your "quilting" trip. I am told that mary Poppins is very good

Annie said...

Some famous pictures there Chooky - looks like you had a fabulous time

Lynda said...

I'm so glad you loved the show. My girls and I took Mum to Melbourne to see it in January and we were just as thrilled as you and then Michael bought me an umbrella for my birthday - turns out he and Peta went to the Capitol Theatre on opening night to buy it - big crowds. I'd love to see it again.

Shiralee Stitches said...

It was absolutely gorgeous weather for Sydney....glad you all had such fun family time to balance with the fair.....

Cheryl said...

Sounds like so much fun...and beautiful pictures. Someday we are going to visit!

Susan said...

Those views make me so home sick - been in Brisbane for more than 20 years but I'd be back in Sydney anytime!

Unknown said...

I loved to see the pictures from the big city! Thanks for sharing.