Monday 8 October 2012

OMG a visitor and a quilt top.........

yep this it my SAL quilt is all rolled up ready to pop into the mail bag and send to my quilting fairy to work her magic...........
Just to recap..........late last week I rang my quilt fairy and she said she could quilt it for me if I got it in today's mail..............Friday and Saturday were horrible hot days 34 and 35deg'sC..(no air con in the Chook shed - need to win lotto)..........Sat night I was over run with bugs coming into the lights............I gave up at 9pm........but I thought possibly I could see myself making the deadline.........Sunday was heaven............ maximum 23 deg C I had to clean all the bugs up before I could start sewing at 6AM.............in between getting lunch and starting dinner, washing some clothes........organising kids..........I sewed and sewed and sewed and sewed some more........started to feel like a sweat shop (except I wasn't sweating like the previous days......) at 9.30pm Mr Chooky came to check on me on his way to bed.........I said I won't be long.....woops.............finally I had all the borders on..........at 12.02AM we headed to bed........had a few issues with the length of strips..........not sure where it went wrong but in the end I just cut straight across..........I think I could have fiddles for hours.........and I didn't have hours so chop it was and on went the bottom border and I was done..............
I had a little stitching to do today and some applique ends to pull through and tie off.........
but I got it all done today at work in my lunch time............
&&&
Last week I had a great visitor..........actually one of the SAL girls..........
You can see my progress in the background on my SAL.........I had a long way to go............
So glad you stopped in Jenny..........it was great to meet Mr Bird too..........the nibbles and champagne was perfect.........here she is earlier in the day having a cuppa and doing a little binding for me.........I was supposed to have it finished by today too but I didn't make that deadline so that will be top job for the next night or 2..........
Thanks for all your comments............I haven't read them all yet but thanks.........not sure I will get to reply to them all but I will try.............off to bed............I don't function to well on 5hrs sleep.............just ask my family............more pics to download and share on my other camera.........
Catch you later..............
Chookyblue

35 comments:

De said...

You can breathe now. Well done Chooky

AnitaS said...

What did you work hard. But you finshed it. Great job.

Susan said...

Well done. Sweet dreams of your SKOW.

Susan said...

Have a good nights sleep - you deserve it!

Janice said...

You are a dead set legend! I don't know how you achieved all that in such a short time. Mine hasn't progressed at all since I was at your house. You should sleep well tonight.

suzitee said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS. You are a stitching machine! I can't believe you have a quilt top finished...and in record time! At the rate my quilting is going, you'll have a finish before me LOL! A HUGE congratulations Chooky...very impressive :)

Khris78 said...

Woohoo !!! Can't wait to see it !?

Ann said...

Congratulations on finishing your top. I can't wait to see it after your quilting fairy has worked her magic!

Anonymous said...

how nice to spend time together and looks like you all had fun,good friends and good food.xx

Cheryll said...

Congrats on making the deadline! Well done! :)

Grethe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FloS said...

Just one word : BRAVO !!! You're amazing !
Florence

annemariesquilt said...

You go girl !!
Sounds like a perfect day to me !!
Take care and have more fun ..

Unknown said...

:) Yay, look forward to see it quilted.

Wendyb said...

Wowza.....working under pressure??? Time to relax now Chooky....can't wait to see the other photos when you wake up from a very well deserved sleep!
xox sugary hugs
Wendy :O)

Yvonne W said...

Congratulations! That must be the quickest quilt top made!

Cathy said...

Well done Superwoman!!!!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

OMG it's all done....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Show and Tell said...

Well Done Chooky...Maybe you should start a little earlier next time my love... All done now though...x

jodie said...

well done Chook, nothing like a deadline to get you moving.

Sue said...

Nothing like a deadline to keep us awake. Well done!

Chocolate Cat said...

Told you that you were a superwoman!! Got a ticket for 20 million lotto draw tonight, if I win you have your air con for the chook shed!

DAWNIE said...

Mammoth effort welldone tomeetyour deadline. Looking forward to seeing it all quilted too

Shiralee Stitches said...

Oh wow!!....what an epic quilt journey, Chooky.....you sure can work fast under pressure.....mine is still nearly finished, it's the last little bits that are taking an age to complete....soon, I promise!!.....great to see you two birds in the same "birdhouse", you and Jenny ......lol.......I could here you clucking from here.....wondered what that noise was!!......heheheh...lol....

Miriam said...

Wow, what a sewing marathon!!!
Congratulations on your finish!

Quilt Kitty said...

Chooky you have been a stitching machine! Congratulations, it must feel good to be at that point in finishing another very lovely quilt. Back to my stitching.... Tracee xx

Anita said...

Well done!! Woman on a mission!!

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

Well done Chooky!

Jenny said...

Well done Chooky. I bet those bugs give you the you know what....... I am sure it will look fantastic can't wait to see the end result. Thanks for a great visit.

Jenny said...

Well done Chooky. I bet those bugs give you the you know what....... I am sure it will look fantastic can't wait to see the end result. Thanks for a great visit.

Grethe said...

How nice to have a visitor to show the SKoW to! I can see your quilt hanging just behind Jenny :-) It looks beautiful!

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

Round of applause!! well done ...whats next? Xx

Lynda said...

Good on you Chooky - I knew you'd make it.

Nicky said...

You did it!! Well done, it looks great, and you have led the way in getting everyone else motivated too.... I haven't been commenting much at SAL blog, but have been enjoying seeing everyones lovley progress on My Favourite Things.

Jeanneke said...

Well done Chook!
How nice you're participating in Katrien's Kerstruil, too. That's how I found out about your blog.
Happy Stitching - Happy Swapping :>)
Cheers,

Jeanneke.