Monday 1 October 2012

promises.........

On Saturday morning I set a challenge with Susan..............
We were going to get our strips done by Sunday night..............
I worked pretty hard yesterday I was all stripped out........ and I am not finished but the end is in sight..........3 strips pieced............3 strips pinned together all worked out.........top and bottom have piles of fabric and that is about it......
Yesterday morning Peg was attaching some binding to a quilt...........I told her I was going to attach the binding to a quilt.............ready to fold in 1/2 below and yes I got it all sewn on..............now to hand stitch down.............it's a big single quilt..............102" x 60" so only 360" to stitch..........
And also yesterday morning Shez showed us her daisy block and I said I would get mine done.............well it was my last job in the Chook shed for the day but I did get it done before dark......just.....
Thanks girls..............I achieved lots with your motivation........blogging is great..........
And a friend dropped in for a few hours too.....lovely to sew together
Catch you later..........
Chookyblue...........

23 comments:

Ann-Mari said...

I too have friends that kindly put their boot in the right place!!! Sometimes it is most velcome! Well done!

De said...

Well done Chooky.........always great to meet those challenges!

Susan said...

Great work, you got so much done.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Now I feel bad, you have been so good....LOL...

Fiona said...

wow... you have got lots done in your chookshed...
Hugz

Unknown said...

Great Achievements over the weekend nothing like some friends to get you going...
Well Done.
Nice to see you've had a little rain.
Cheers

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

You got so much done, a very productive day in the chookshed :o)

Lynda said...

That was a big day!

Anonymous said...

well done chooky,love your daisy,i hope to get more blocks ready today.xx

Helen said...

You go girl!!

Lurline said...

It is so nice to have like- minded friends - so happy for you!
Hugs - Lurline.

Raewyn said...

Great effort - heaps achieved - aren't friends great?!

Linda said...

Oh what lovely strips...wonderful colors! Enjoy!!

Khris78 said...

Wow what a great sewing day !!!

Janice said...

Woo Hoo! What an achievement. Looking great. All I did was about 2 inches of back stitch at our sewing group on Saturday afternoon. I think I have to lift my game.

Love Bears All Things said...

Looks great....those strips are a monster to do.
Mama Bear

FloS said...

Well done Chooky !! you've made a lot of things this week end !
Florence

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

looking good!!!

Jenny said...

Good on you Chooky must feel good to get them all done

Susie said...

So productive!! (Just started my daisy block yesterday too!) Happy stitching. Susie

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

The stripping is a 'bear-claw' isnt it?! I am hoping to pull an all-dayer too. Yours looks awsome. You are almost there. Your daisy block looks nice too. I love the simplicity of the daisy block.

Deb R said...

Yay to challenges, your quilt will be finished in no time!

Unknown said...

Challenges in rows :) Great progress.