Wednesday 24 October 2012

treasures..............

These are some of the treasures I found while at the museum.............
this was all hand made and I am sorry but I don't remember anything else about it but it was stunning..........

Imagine doing all your house work in this dress..............
it is gorgeous...........

This collection was a ladies trousseau..............the work is gorgeous...........lots of crochet which looks like was done in a cotton but not 100% sure..........

just beautiful...............this is the machine she used..............
very sadly her fiancĂ©e died at war and she never married so this collection was never used..........
She worked with her brother for the rest of her life and remained single until she died............

At Cockington Green they had a shop with minatures for sale and display
This was my favourite room in the dolls house...........the sewing machine is about 5cm /2inchs high
I was thinking of Val at Ausrose as she makes miniatures.............
Catch you later..............
Chookyblue

13 comments:

Sheryl said...

Such a sad story to go with a beautiful collection.... makes you feel so blessed with your own life...
I think if I had a dress like that I would have had a maid or two to do the house work... how nice would that be....;)

Sheryl said...

ps I'm such a dreamer....lol...

Anonymous said...

Amazing work - truly art!
Berglind

Cheryll said...

Another sad story from the war years...

Susan said...

A little too much detail for my sewing abilities. I like Sheryl's idea with the maid.

Wendy said...

What stunning treasures! And how sad that she never married and was able to use all these lovely items....I love the sewing machine in the tiny house!

Michelle said...

I agree with everyone, sad story but gorgeous collection! The dresses are sooooooo gorgeous!
Michelle

Terry said...

What a beautiful collection, but what a sad story.

Anonymous said...

oh what a sad and touching story behind the Trousseau,such a shame it wasnt used its so pretty and dainty.What a wonderful display to go and see,lovely.xx

AnitaS said...

What a beautiful dress. How much time will be spent on this.

Jenny said...

Beautiful work but such a sad story

Fiona said...

I have enjoyed reading about your trip to Canberra and the museum looks just so interesting... what a sad story though...
Hugz

Raewyn said...

What beautiful treasures. It must have been so interesting to get up close and inspect them. Love the miniatures too - so tiny but still all the detail!!