Sunday 22 February 2015

B&^%^%$ Sheep.......

And my day got better almost as I hit publish on the "summer slump" post...........
the shearers rang and we are shearing lambs and crutching the ewes this week.............
JOY JOY JOY.............
The sky was pretty when I went out though.............
it's not going to be a good week..........it's like you want it to happen and need it to happen but I just wish i could click my fingers and it was all done............
It's the extra stuff I have to fit into my week that won't make it good.......
I just drafted the lambs up and copped a few horns into the side of the the knee............
once I got the stuck to me dusty sweaty clothes off I had a swim to cool down........
I was over heated........the pool was soooooo nice....
we will go back later and bring a mob into the yards and pen up into the shed.........
move another mob............
&&&& 
no sewing or bookwork will happen as planned...........
Really worried about NJ SAL being done this month as I have not even had a chance to start the blocks............bugger.......
Catch you later......
Chookyblue......

17 comments:

Maria said...

Oh No does sound like a very busy week.....Sew nice to be able to jump into the pool...

gracie said...

Never a dull day at your place...

Pinnylea Creations said...

You can only do what you can.... life happens xx

Susan said...

Sounds like a hard week ahead.........breath and think of GDITC.

Anonymous said...

Hope its all over quickly for you chooky xx

Susan said...

Hugs - maybe you will have to ask the deputy for a "pass"

Jacqueline Morris said...

Oooh your really busy!
But you can cool off in a lovely relaxing cooling pool! :)
Sheep.... I love sheep :)
Smiles :)

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Hope all goes well. So you can enjoy your sewing after it's over.

Robyn of Oz said...

Hi Chooky. It sounds like it is never a dull moment at your place. I don't envy you the yard work in the Australian summer sun.
I've found that since living where I am now, after more than 15 years in Bendigo, that I can't take the heat when it sneaks up on me like it has the last couple of days. I suppose it is what one gets used to, but it still isn't funny running after critters. And doesn't the dust just get everywhere? I'm glad you had somewhere you could have a lovely soak n float. :)

loulee said...

I believe, given your very busy farmers life, you could be forgiven for falling behind a little. And, after all the cheering along and nagging you do, maybe it's time others did the same for you. :-)
I hope you do find some stitching time though, we all deserve a little time for the things we enjoy.

Susie said...

its a topsy turvey world isn't it? Hope you week turns out great. (oh and you get those NJ blocks done - the blanket stitch takes the longest)

Leanne said...

The best laid plans hey

Dawn said...

You make me feel lazy when I read everything you do on the farm. Lets hope you can fit some stitching is soon.

Cherry Pie Designs said...

you know what they say.....No rest for the wicked....LOL

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

Poor Chooky!.. I'll give you an extension on your SAL blocks!!….Its too hard to stitch in a shearing shed!!

Janice said...

Don't you still hate it!

Josie said...

Hens teeth.... I'm glad I'm not a ewe. Bet they're all standing around with their legs crossed! By the way..... who gets to whip you into SAL shape...... bet there's a list of volunteers....;o) Just kidding.... luv ya really. xxx